Wednesday 27 August 2008

Coast to Coast in Three Days – saddle sore...

Having not ridden a bike in anger since the London Triathlon way back in August 2006 it was with some trepidation that I jumped back on my trusty commuter bike, strapped on a pannier full of goodies and padded cycling shorts and headed north last Friday.

From Whitehaven in Cumbria I headed east over the lake district, onto the North Pennines, across Weardale and down towards Newcastle and there Tynemouth where we finished. Thankfully the wind was on our backs most of the way but the numerous (and never ending) steep hills coupled with some poorly planned and rather heavy luggage made for a tough time! However the beautiful scenery, friendly people and even friendlier pubs made for a great 150 mile trip.

Now I am back however I am suffering somewhat and still have the swagger of a cowboy! Bring on the Nike 10km on Sunday to shake out the aches....

No comments: